|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.|
- Amdahl Corporation - Now subsumed into Fujitsu.
- AST Computers, LLC - Exited the computer market in 2001.
- Burroughs - merged into Unisys
- English Electric - merged into International Computers Limited
- International Computers and Tabulators - merged into International Computers Limited
- International Computers Limited - now part of Fujitsu
- MPC (formerly MicronPC) - Filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on November 7, 2008. Efforts at reorganization failed.
- Sperry Univac - merged into Unisys
- Tandy Corporation - Previous parent company of RadioShack, produced the TRS-80 and Tandy 1000 and 2000 IBM PC compatible computers. Sold their computer division to AST Computers in the early 1990s.
- Zepto Computers A/S - On 17 November 2009 Zepto Computer was declared bankrupt, after several tries to save the company.
- RCA (Radio Corporation of America) no longer produces computers, but was significant competitor in the mainframe era.
- General Electric was another significant player in the mainframe era.
- List of laptop brands and manufacturers
- List of computer hardware manufacturers
- Market share of leading PC vendors
- About.com list of desktop computer systems
- About.com list of laptop computer systems
- Compcinfo.com list of desktop and laptop companies
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|