These are non-existant companies created for dramatic or literary purposes in a story. Fictional companies are used so the author or producer can avoid endorsing or denouncing a real company, as well as to avoid legal action for slander or trademark infringement.
- Simeon - A pharmaceutical and technology company, whose Japanese blackspot branch head is the Needless, Adam Arclight, a clone of the Second Christ.
- Ziodex Industries - Makers of cloned blood from Underworld
Conglomerates & MultinationalsEdit
- Acme - Used in the Looney Tunes Cartoons, most famous for being featured in the "Roadrunner" cartoon.
- Abstergo Industries - Multinational corporation owned and controlled by modern Knights Templar, with projects on genetic memory [disambiguation needed], mind control technology and on locating mysterious alien artifacts located on various locations on Earth, in Assassin's Creed.
- Biffco - Owned by Biff in alternate timeline including nuclear power plant and toxic waste disposal - Back to the Future Part II
- Binford - Industrial Manufacturer from the Home Improvement television series.
- Bluecorp - Information gathering and extortion company owned by Redd White, the man who murdered Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Conglomerated Amalgamated ("ConAm") - Outland [disambiguation needed] Mining corporation with several mines across the solar system moon [disambiguation needed] (where the movie takes place) & (planet are specifically mentioned)
- CHOAM - Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles Interstellar corporation which controls all economic activity in the Padishah Empire - Dune series.
- Cyberdyne Systems - the computer robotics company responsible for the creation of SkyNet, hence the dystopian future world of The Terminator.
- Digivation Industries - competitor of Veridian Dynamics in Better Off Ted
- Deon International - Owned by Larry Deon. Appeared in seaQuest 2032 and seemed to be involved in many different industries including, but not limited to, Military defense and weaponry, technology, Owned the fictional sports team Deon Demons, air travel, metals and technological assets.
- Energy Corporation - also Luxury Corporation, Transport Corporation, Housing Corporation, Food Corporation, Rollerball (1975)
- Globo-Chem - Mr. Show
- Hishii Industries - Manufacturer of powered exoskeletons known as 'Labors.' - Patlabor - series
- Interplanetary Expeditions (IPX) - Exploration contractor specializing in xenoarcheological explorations Babylon 5
- Itex - A multinational corporation and the primary antagonist of the Maximum Ride series of novels.
- Judgment Six - Virtua Fighter series
- KrebStar - Manufacturer of everything from breakfast cereal to sneakers to mentholated hot lather machines in The Adventures of Pete & Pete.
- Matsumura Fishworks - Japanese Corporation which produced the cleaning product Mr. Sparkle (in a joint venture with Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern), in The Simpsons.
- Multi-National United (MNU) - District 9
- Omni Consumer Products (OCP) - Specializes on consumer products to military weaponry and private space travel, RoboCop films
- Scrooge McDuck's various companies
- Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern - Japanese Corporation which produced the cleaning product Mr. Sparkle (in a joint venture with Matsumura Fishworks), in The Simpsons.
- TriOptimum Corporation - One of the two most powerful multinationals in System Shock. Manufacturer of the Von Braun and creators of SHODAN.
- Ultor Corporation - A megacorporation that serves as the primary antagonist in both Saints Row and Red Faction, video games developed by Volition, Inc.
- United Northfield/U-North - An agricultural products conglomerate from the film Michael Clayton
- Universal Terraforming - Corporation involved in the terraforming & development of colony planets in human space Babylon 5
- Upton-Webber - Working
- The Very Big Corporation of America - The Crimson Permanent Assurance
- Wesayso Corporation- Dinosaurs
- Yotsuba - Death Note
- The Zaibatsu Corporation from GTA2 specializes in everything from energy, to pharmaceuticals, to automobiles, and even organized crime.
- Grayson Sky Domes, Ltd. - construction of protective habitat domes, owned by Honor Harrington, in several Honorverse novels by David Weber
Communication, Energy & UtilitiesEdit
- Atlantic Corporation - Frank Enstein
- McCandless Communications Corporation - Freejack
- Monsters, Incorporated - Monsters, Inc.
- Parrish Communications - Meet Joe Black
- Shinra Electric Power Company - a ruthless mega-corporation which controls most of the world, Final Fantasy VII
- Bad Wolf Corporation - owners of the GameStation (formerly Satellite 5), Doctor Who episodes "Bad Wolf" and "The Parting of the Ways"
- British Broadcasting Service - A parody of the BBC featured in the film C.S.A.: The Confederate States of America
- DaVille Studio - film studio from the Tiny Toon Adventures episode "Hollywood Plucky"
- Dragonfire Films - film production company from the FOX series Action
- Kaiba Corporation - Arenas for the game "Duel Monsters" and later the Duel Disc, after Seto Kaiba became president, Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Network 23 - The network from the TV series Max Headroom
- The Tangiers - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Hotel and Casino owned by Catherine's father, numerous episodes, demolished during Built to Kill, Part 1
- MeTV- Music,reality and news group modeled after real-life Mtv in the Grand Theft Auto 3 and 4 eras.
- Abstergo Industries - Front for the current form of the Knights Templar, bent on establishing a New World Order in Assassin's Creed.
- Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems - alien front, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, starship production yard on later Star Trek series and movies (though only as an in-joke).
- Porter Automobiles, from My Mother the Car
Food & DrinkEdit
(For a more complete list of fictional beverages, see List of fictional beverages.)
- Bettabuy's - Coronation Street
- Soylent Corporation - manufacturer of synthetic foods in Soylent Green
- Stay Puft Corporation - Marshmallow maker in Ghostbusters
Robotics & AndroidsEdit
- Capsule Corporation - capsules, robots and spaceships manufacturer in Dragon Ball
- Enstein Industrial Bionics - robots, Frank Enstein
- U.S. Robots and Mechanical Men - robotics, Isaac Asimov short stories such as those in I, Robot, title inspired name of U.S. Robotics real-world company.
- NorthAm Robotics - Bicentennial Man
- Serrano Genomics, a fictional Mexico based android and cybernetics corporation central to the plot of the first season of Ghost in the Shell.
- Nergal Heavy Industries - manufacturer of the ND-001 Nadesico battleship, Martian Successor Nadesico
Multiple / Various ProductsEdit
- Acme - appears in many works of fiction, most notably in Road Runner cartoons and other Looney Tunes as a manufacturing company
- Ajax - similar to Acme, appears in recent Mickey Mouse cartoons as a manufacturing company and services company.
- Bonk Business - a fictional corporation created by Finnish artist and sculptor Alvar Gullichsen. The company produces absurd machines that have no apparent use, and are powered by anchovy oil.
- Silph Co. - Pokémon (Red/Green/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal video games, Pokémon Adventures manga)
- Cymvetica Industries - from 'The People' series
- Cym Labs - from 'The People' series
- Ovi Industries - from 'The People' series
- Uix Inc - from 'The People' series
- Paper Street Soap Company - Boutique soap manufacturer, Fight Club.
- Spacely Space Sprockets - Sprocket manufacturer The Jetsons.
- Wacky Products Incorporated - toys, Happy Fun Ball.
- Ware-Armitage Manufacturing Co. - Aircraft manufacturer, Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines.
- W.C. Boggs & Co. - bathroom fittings, Carry On at Your Convenience.
- Veidt - Strong enterprise from the comic book and the movie Watchmen.
Military, Defense & WeaponryEdit
- Anaheim Electronics - mobile suit manufacturer/defense contractor/AEUG supporter, Universal Century Gundam
- ConSec - weapons manufacturer and security systems, Scanners
- dataDyne - Perfect Dark -- not to be confused with DataDyne.org, a not-for-profit developer of mobile software for public health and international development.
- Dynatechnics, Inc. - Defense contractor from Best Defense. Shares the name of Dynatechnics lab in Howard the Duck, another film directed by Willard Huyck.
- MARS Industries - Destro's Weapons and Manufacturer Company in the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero storyline.
- Office of Scientific Intelligence(OSI) - a secret intelligence branch of the American government featured in The Six Million Dollar Man
- Stark Industries - defense Military weaponry manufacturer in Marvel Comics, most notably in the Iron Man universe
- Torchwood - institute founded by Queen Victoria to defend the United Kingdom from aliens in Doctor Who
- X-Com - (eXtra-terrestrial COMbat unit) Company charged with the defense of earth against alien invasion in Microprose's X-Com series of computer games
- Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems - Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49, and later also appears in Buckaroo Banzai
- Zorg Industries - A weapons manufacturer based in New York City and run by Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg in the film The Fifth Element
Mining & PetroleumEdit
- Arctic & European Fish Oil Company - The Day of the Triffids (renamed European Oils in the 1981 television adaptation)
- Czerka Corporation - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords
- Liandri Mining Corporation - The corporation behind the televised death-matches in Epic Games' Unreal videogame series
- Slate Rock and Gravel Company - The Flintstones
- Concordance Extraction Corporation - The earth based planetary mining company in the Dead Space video game series.
- Resources Development Administration (RDA) - The company featured in James Cameron's 2009 film Avatar.
- ORINCO - Oil truck from Pet Sematary
- United Liberty Paper — government shell company from Grand Theft Auto IV.
Food & Drink EstablishmentsEdit
- Big Belly Burger - fast food restaurant in the DC Comics universe.
- Big Kahuna Burger - fast food restaurant referenced in Pulp Fiction, From Dusk till Dawn, Reservoir Dogs
- The Crab Shack - My Name Is Earl
- Daddy Green's Pizza - The Last Dragon (1985 film)
- The Dot Grill- Degrassi: The Next Generation
- Rodbell's Luncheonette - coffee shop of Rodbell's Department store; Roseanne Conner was an employee - Roseanne
- Burger Shot in Grand Theft Auto series. A parody of Burger King.
- Quake - Restaurant in Charmed
- Mr.Smoothie - Place that Ben Tennyson, Gwen Tennyson, and Kevin Levin hang out and drink fruit smoothies at (Ben 10: Alien Force)
- Curious Goods - antique shop, Friday the 13th: the Series
- Kwik-E-Mart - convenience store, The Simpsons (in July 2007, in a promotional tie-in with the Simpsons movie, the 7-Eleven chain temporarily converted twelve stores into Kwik-E-Mart stores).
- Costington's featured in The Simpsons
- Bergduff's Department Store-featured in Batman the Animated Series.
- Sterling-Cooper (later Sterling-Cooper-Draper-Price) - Mad Men
- Psych - private investigators who claim to reveal facts through psychic visions
- Treadstone - The company Jason Bourne used to work for, tried to be reformed as Blackbriar - created by Robert Ludlum
- World Securities Corporation - The company Hugh O'Brian worked for in the 1970's television show Search (TV Series)
Magical & SupernaturalEdit
- Ghostbusters - paranormal pest control
- Magic School - Charmed
- Pentex - Multinational corporation from White Wolf Studio's Werewolf: the Apocalypse Role-playing Game.
Moving & DeliveryEdit
- Get a Move On Removals - Clarence
- Fairview U Move - Desperate Housewives
- IPS - delivery, King of Queens
- Meade Publications - Ugly Betty
- Mode Magazine - Ugly Betty
- PVP: Player vs. Player magazine - PvP
- The Goodies - From the TV show of the same name.
Technology, Computers & SoftwareEdit
- Caliban Industries - Blade II
- ENCOM International - videogame and software manufacturer, Tron series
- Gizmonic Institute - private technological research and development firm, Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Haltmann Works Company - Kirby
- Panda Modem - Mumford
- Rekall - Corporation specialising in planting false memories in the Total Recall movie.
- Uplink Corporation - Employs and supports computer hackers
- London and West Coast Railway - The Lost Special
- Merioneth and Lantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited - Ivor the Engine
- Northern & Southern Railway - The Railway Children
- Onion Pacific Railroad - Popeye
- Southern Railway of Northern Ireland - Oh, Mr. Porter!
- Sudden Pacific Railroad - Popeye
- Taggart Transcontinental - Atlas Shrugged
- LTA in Grand Theft Auto IV,Liberty City's Mass Transit.
- Sandpiper Air - Wings (NBC TV series)
- Aeromass - Wings (NBC TV series)
- Grim Reaper Airways - Spitting Image
- Package Air - Spitting Image
- Soar Airlines - Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Total Bastard Airlines - Saturday Night Live
- Volée Airlines - Final Destination
- Wallaby Airlines - Not the Nine O'Clock News
- Columbia Airlines - Airport 1975
- Trans Global Airlines (TGA) - Airport
- Federation World Airlines (FWA) - The Concorde ... Airport '79
- Mid-Central Airlines - Planes, Trains and Automobiles
- Trans Continental Airlines (TCA) - Turbulence
- Atlantic International Airlines (AIA) - Passenger 57
- Quantum Airlines - Pandora's Clock
- Canada World Airways - Falling from the Sky: Flight 174
- Trans Allied Airlines - Hostage Flight
- SunWest Airlines - Flying High (CBS TV Series)
- Northeast Airlines (NEA) - Die Hard 2
- Fuji Air - Die Hard 2
- Windsor Air - Die Hard 2
- Paradise Airlines - Miracle Landing
- Trans Pacific Airlines - Lost Flight
- Trans American Airlines - Airplane!
- Air Israel - Airplane!
- Trans Regional Airlines - Free Fall
- Trans United Airways - Mayday (novel)
- Global Airways - Skyjacked
- TranCon Airways - Mayday at 40.000 Feet!
- American Travelways Airways (ATW) - The Delta Force
- AALTO Airlines - Flightplan
- Stromboli Airlines - Stewardess School
- Ajira Airways - Lost
- Inversion Layer Airlines - Garfield in Paradise
- US Midland Air - Knight and Day
- Yarmy International Airlines - Get Smart
- FlyUS in Grand Theft Auto IV, the logo of the company's name looks like that of the real-life cargo airlines of the same name.
- Pacific National Airlines - Human Target
- Ravenwood - Jericho military contractor
- iCarly, a web show within the Nickelodeon sitcom of the same name
This content came from  after it was deleted from Wikipedia. See the talk page for full history.
- ↑ 'St. Elsewhere' Told to Carry Disclaimer - New York Times
- ↑ http://disneyshorts.toonzone.net/years/1999/mickeysairplanekit.html
- ↑ Bonk Museum