Works of art that involve columns or pillars:
- Constantin Brâncuşi, Endless Column (1937-8)
- Maarten Vanden Eynde, Mon(NU)mentum, 2008 AD (2008)
- Vanessa Beecroft, VB Marmi (2011)
- Daniel Buren, Les Deux Plateaux, Palais-Royale Courtyard (1986)
- Houshiary and Pip Horn, Breathe II (2004-5)
- Tony Cragg, Guglie (1987)
- Louise Bourgeois, Untitled (2002)
- Jan Fabre, De benen van de rede ontveld (Legs stripped from reason) (2000): the artist wrapped the columns in front of the Aula University building in Ghent, Belgium with layers of ham. Slowly the ham started to rot and turned green of fungi, imitating the marble structure even more.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.