Works of art that use wallpaper:
- Robert Gober, Wedding Gown (1989)
- Andy Warhol, Cow (1966)
- Ilya Kabakov, The Man Who Flew Into Space From His Apartment (1968-1996)
- Laura Splan, Wallpaper and Negligee #1 (2008)
- Kehinde Wiley, Napoleon Leading the Army over the Alps (2005)
- Banksy, Elephant In the Room (2006): Graffiti artist Banksy painted an elephant red and gold in a pattern to blend in with the wallpaper design in the background installation. The work was met with controversy from animal rights activists. It appears in the 2010 documentary, Exit Through the Gift Shop.
- Yann Sérandour, Untitled (Daniel Buren essay on John Knight’s Leetsoii exhibition) (2007): Wallpaper made from a 90° counter-clockwise rotation of Daniel Buren’s essay published on the occasion of the John Knight’s Leetsoii exhibition (Hoshour Gallery, Albuquerque Dec. 1988). Essay republished in: Daniel Buren, Les Écrits, vol. III (Bordeaux: CAPC Musée d’art contemporain de Bordeaux, 1991), p. 309-21.
- Collectif anonyme, google:art (2006)
- Jörg Lozek, Freunde (2008-9)
- General Idea/AA Bronson, AIDS Wallpaper (1989)
- Damien Hirst, Pharmacy Wallpaper (2004)
- Renée Green, This Was Now Then (1994)
The Univeristy of Manchester Whitworth Art Gallery contains a large collection of vintage wallpaper, from the 18th century to the 1960s.